Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Sandwich Just Got Bigger!

A lot has happened since my last posts.  Three weeks ago, my husband and I offered to help my niece, her husband, and their three children (ages 3, 16.5 months, and 10 weeks) relocate to our home town.  Living in the Dallas area, this young couple discovered that they needed the support of family members to adequately meet the needs of their recently expanded family.  So in two hectic weeks, we managed to secure housing, furniture and appliances, and make all necessary plans to move the family home.

Last weekend, we rented a U-haul trailer and headed for Texas.  We loaded the trailer early one morning and returned... my niece, her husband and the two youngest babies in one car... us and Timothy in the other.  My mother and sister have filled in the gaps with Mam-ma Polly, along with several friends who have also visited her.  We all have apparently survived... at least so far!


As things unfold and I regain my wits (and get some sleep), I will write more about our experience and how we are all managing.  Friday, I looked in my back seat at the three - yes THREE - car seats and their accompanying passengers, and I thought, "What on earth have we gotten ourselves into?!"  But everyone survived the day unscathed, and I love my niece and her babies more than anything in the world, so we shall tackle this sandwich and forge ahead!  Stay tuned!!!!

2 comments:

Mark said...

That is a quick move. Glad you got them up there. My visit this past weekend reminded me again why I miss that place so much, but also why I might never be able to return there (prior to retirement, anyway).

Mark said...

That is a quick move. Glad you got them up there. My visit this past weekend reminded me again why I miss that place so much, but also why I might never be able to return there (prior to retirement, anyway).