Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Response from a Fellow "Deli" Member

Hi Debbie,

What I would like to know is "are you following me?" I just finished reading your blog and it's something I could have written myself. I can relate from the toilet paper to the medication. We have been caregivers for Gary's folks until they passed, my best friend until she passed and my father until his passing. I've learned more medical information than I ever thought I would, including how to give shots, change IV's and take care of people that have had strokes.


Now we are assisting my Mom, who is 82, blind, going through heart failure, and has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. When/if we hit the highway, our children and grandchildren each have a "chore" with Mom's care. We so want to get away but it's not an easy decision.

On top of that, we have a grandson that just turned 18. At age 16, he had to have part of a lung removed (middle right lobe) due to disease. And now, we've just learned it's back and in both lungs. Does it ever end?

Carol & Gary

No comments: